- Statement of purpose
- Ten-Key Values
- Ecological Wisdom
- Social Justice
- Grassroots Democracy
- Community-based Economics
- Respect for Diversity
- Officers & Steering Committee
- A board of directors called the Steering committee shall govern the affairs of the Blue Ridge Greens. The Steering committee shall consist of 5 members who shall be elected by the predecessor steering committee. Any member may be removed from the Steering Committee who has missed three consecutive meetings without cause, by first seeking consensus of the present steering committee in that it follows the decision-making process stated in the bylaws.
- The present steering committee shall then seek out a replacement for the vacancy to be filled as soon as possible.
- The Steering Committee shall serve the position for a period of 1 year and shall not serve more than 3 consecutive terms. At the end of each term the Nominating Committee shall provide a list of candidates to the present steering committee for review and selection.
- Notice of the time, place and agenda of any meeting of the steering committee shall be mailed to each member of the steering committee at least seven days prior to the time of the meeting in that the organization is fiscally able to do so.
- Quorum shall exist when three or more members are present at such monthly meetings authorized by the prior meeting of the steering committee.
- Non-members are welcome to steering committee meetings but may be asked to leave by consensus decision of the current steering committee, for various reasons that the said committee deems necessary.
- AD HOC Committees
- The steering committee may by resolution establish ad hoc committees to accomplish specified tasks and purposes. The steering committee may empower such ad hoc committees to exercise an authority of the steering committee authorized by law.
- Standing Committees
- The Steering Committee shall by resolution establish standing committees. The Following are the standing committees:
- Nominating Committee
- A nominating committee shall present a slate of prospective board members and officers at the annual meeting.
- The nominating committee shall also present a slate of prospective candidates to run for public offices with in the geographic scope of the Blue Ridge Greens in a timely fashion that corresponds to the election time cycle.
- Platform & Elections
- The Platform and Elections committee shall draft and maintain the platform plank for the Blue Ridge Greens.
- The P&E committee shall ensure that "Green" candidates have adequate staffing in order to run a campaign within the limits of the organization.
See also historic bylaws of the Green Party of Virginia (GPVA):
Free speech on the Internet
Questions? Comments? Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOP / HOME PAGE / FRONT PAGE
ORGANIZATION LEVEL CHART
BLUE RIDGE GREENS / PROPOSED RULES
ADMINISTRATIVE BOUNDARIES FOR NORTH AMERICA
Last edited: 1 April 2021
visitors since 9 February 2008